bobolinks near Raven Rock State Park

I had a wonderful time birding at Raven Rock.  The morning started off on a
great note as I drove up the road that leads to the park.  There was a blue
grosbeak on a wire.  Then near the park on the left are some fields of
grain. I stopped to look for sparrows and saw a few BOBOLINKS as well.

Within the park everything seemed to be singing.  I was gratified to find
that my bird cd listening is paying off as I could identify more of the
birds from their songs than before.

Had great views of OVENBIRD, HOODED WARBLER, SUMMER TANAGER.

Sue Pulsipher
Linden, N.C.
puls@infi.net