Re: Birdathons, "WILDATHON"!etc

Hey Karen & all you Birdathoners out there!
This is my first year to chair New Hope Audubon's
Wildathon(we call it, so we can find and ID all the
other goodies in the natural world-great learning
experience), which takes place May 12.
This is the big fund raising effort that goes directly
to local and state beneficiaries from our Local
Audubon societies. New Hope Audubon encompasses
Orange, Durham and Chatham counties in the center of
NC.
We chose to support the NC Coastal Island
Sanctuaries(as did Wake Audubon) and Mason Farm
Biological Reserve, a wildlife haven right on the
outskirts of Chapel Hill.(where some lucky birders got
to see the Kentucky Warbler singing away this week!)
If you are a good birder,entomologist, botanist, etc.
teams need you! You can help more beginner birders
learn alot while you raise money for good causes. Or a
pledge of $5.00 or more to help your favorite teams
efforts is truly appreciated.Do let me know if anyone
out there in cybird-land is interested!
Thanks Karen for putting this out there. And if you
are in South Carolina, it looks like Gary Phillips
could use your pledges!
Kate Finlayson
--- Karen and Joe Bearden

=====