Nesting Towhees

We have a full nest of 5 warm Towhee eggs in a nest in our Ligustrum.  I was
able to find the nest today on examination of this bush.  Monday we are
having a landscape crew come in to do work all around it.  They will be
adding shrubs on both sides of the nesting Ligustrum and underplanting
beneath it.

My slight movement shaking the leaves of the Ligustrum resulted in the
flushing of the female leaving her nest.  I want my landscape guys to be very
sensitive, but I'm afraid the activity will cause her to abandon the nest.
Would she return shortly, or how many hours off the nest would be bad for the
eggs?  Please offer opinions on this.  I just discovered this nest on
Thursday and the landscape crew has been booked to do this front garden for a
few months.  What do you think?

    Wendy Ross Kaplan
    Wenbirdy@aol.com
    Charlotte, NC