Re: My First Oven Bird

Hi Russ--

Had the same thing happen to me recently.  Here are a couple of responses re
'bird proofing' your windows.  Haven't tried them yet.

Regards,

Randy Dunson
Hillsborough  NC

-----
Randy,

I am glad that you have IDed the bird.  I also have a suggestion for trying
to keep those birds from colliding with the window.  Get some black
construction paper (the kind that kids use school art classes) and cut out
a couple of silhouettes of flying birds.  Tape them to the inside of the
window.  This seemed to help keep the Cedar Waxwings from flying into the
glass at one of the biology buildings at UNC Chapel Hill when I was there.
Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Brian Van Druten
Forestry Technician
Alligator River NWR

To maybe prevent other birds flying into your windows, you might want to
try the sticker silouettes of owls that can be stuck on windows. These are
used to prevent bird collisions with windows.

Alan Kneidel
Charlotte, NC