Warbler Vocalization Question

This morning (Monday) at about 8:00 Am,  I heard a bird in the very dense,
low second growth of a Fran blow down.  Lots of maples, dogwoods etc.  I
never saw it.

I head a bird in the dense thickets that gave a loud repeated two part call
with the second part slightly lower.  It transliterates best into, "cherry,
cherry, chorry"   I immediately went inside and listened to Thayer Birding
software, and the only one close was Mourning Warbler.

However,  it always was a 3 sylable call "cherry, cherry, chorry" .  I did
not hear it sing "cherry, cherry, cherry, cherry, chorry".

What else sound similar?  I couldn't  think of anything else..

However, since I can not hear high frequencies,  I cannot eliminate a very
aberrant winter wren (grin).

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Krakauer