Max Patch, Jackson Park, Chimney Rock flycatchers, warblers

    Camped a weekend on the Blue Ridge Parkway, doing some pinpoint
birdwatching. 68 sp. total. We were looking for Golden winged warbler, Least
and Willow flycatchers, and Swainson's warbler.
    First we went to Max Patch road in Haywood County. Birds are shown in
order of appearance. Warblers were there in large numbers, but not great
diversity. 5/12
Chestnut sided warbler- tons
Indigo bunting- tons
Wood thrush
Phoebe
Peewee
Northern Yellowthroat
LEAST FLYCATCHER- 6?
GOLDEN WINGED WARBLER-4 seen probably more, but within 10 ft. and beautiful
Bobwhite
WE vireo
WE vireo
RW swallow
Ovenbird-lots
DE junco
Bluebird
Redstart
Barn swallow

In Lake Pawhutan Campground heard a GH Owl, saw waxwings, parula, BTG
warbler, RE vireo.

At Jackson Park 5/13 a.m.
Blackpoll
waxwings
yellowthroat
WILLOW FLYCATCHER- down at the end of the main road near the baseball fields
and marsh.

At Chimney Rock 5/13 p.m.
Woodland Walk:
BTG warbler
SWAINSON"S WARBLER
Pine warbler
Wood thrush

Forest Stroll:
warblers:
B+W
BTG
Hooded
Redstart
BTB
Blackpoll
Cerulean
others:
RE vireo
peewee
Indigo bunting
kingbird

Not a bad weekend. 4 new sp. I want to thanks all that gave tips on where to
find the birds.

Alan Kneidel
Charlotte, NC