Preventing window strikes

There was a recent discussion on preventing window strikes by using
silhouettes      of owls. I bought a nice owl silhouette at a wild bird
store a couple of years ago
and placed it on my picture window. Last Monday my son, while picking me
up from the airport, mentioned that he had some bad new for me which
involved a dead bird. When I got home I found the owl silhouette knocked
to the ground and a dead song sparrow next to it. It appears the song
sparrow flew into the silhouette. So much for owl silhouettes.

--
Linda Sharp
Greenville, SC