Eagle and Kite

Hi - Had another eagle sighting on Sunday 20 at a small lake in the
Highland Trails across from Weymouth Woods - SNP. The eagle was an adult
being harassed by 10-15 crows, both american and fish. It was flying
below tree top level and I could see that it was missing several flight
feathers esp. on its left wing. This was about 5 pm. Then about 25
minutes later I looked up to see a bird flying at tree top level over
the lake dam, an adult Mississippi kite. It was low enough that I could
see it well without binocs but fortunately I had mine and watched it for
about 15-20 seconds as it flew north toward Weymouth - couldn't tell if
it invaded our airspace at Weymouth or not so can't add it to our park
list:(

Scott Hartley
Weymouth Woods - SNP
Southern Pines, NC