blackthroated blue warbler

I've had a female black throated blue warbler on a tree by my house most of
the day.
Saw about 20 Red Knots and a few Ruddy Turnstones at North Myrtle Beach last
weekend.   Also a Franklin's Gull.  I saw a small white bird with brown or
gray splotches at a distance, walking the surf , it was too far to see
closely.  The only thing in the book looking like that was a Little Gull.
Anybody have a guess what it would be, do the sandpipers molt?  Melissa Van
Wey,  Cary, NC