Peregrines at Devil's Courthouse

On Wednesday afternoon, May 30, we watched the young Peregrine Falcons at
Devil's Courthouse being fed by an adult. They appeared to wait patiently as
the adult tore the prey and fed each one in turn.

We saw three young in the nest. They appeared to be almost as big as the
adult. They still have a lot of white on them. The calls of the young could
be heard at the viewing area in the parking lot.

We also heard Veerys, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Canada Warbler, and Winter
Wren. We saw Chestnut-sided Warbler, a Raven, and a pair of soaring/diving
Broad Winged Hawks.

Buren and Luanne Blankenship
Pendleton, SC
blblank@carol.net