Anilorac Farm Dickcissel, W. Vireos- feeding hatchlings

Hi Everyone,
    Lee Van Malssen and I went to Anilorac Farm, NW Orange County, this AM.
Saw the male Dickcissel immediately up on the same wire as last time, singing
and singing.  Sure hope a female finds him, I think he'd like to stay here!
Seems to prefer the wire just west of the farm on both sides of the road, and
was also on the diagonal guide wires by 2 power poles.  I looked at the
yellow breast again, and still think it's more extensive than in the guide
pictures, but I think that this is partially due to the fact that the sides
of the belly are creamy rather than white, so contrasts less with the yellow
of the upper breast than white would.
    Grassshopper Sparrows were singing in same locale, got to watch a singing
male for a bit.
    Found the Warbling Vireo nest in front of the farm house.  Saw an adult
in the tree looking for food and then, as I had my scope on the nest waiting
for the adult to return, I saw the yellow bill of a nestling and then a wide
gaping mouth!! Saw the parent return and feed that one and looked like she
fed another that I couldn't see.  Not sure how many birds are in the nest.
    Got to bird a little with Ginger Travis, and meet Edith Tatum and also
Amalie Tuffin.

    This AM at home an Acadian Flycatcher hit the window.  As I went outside
to see if it was OK, it immediately opened it's bill and began "panting", and
seemed extremely upset.  I quickly went back inside because I thought it
might die just from fear.  I looked through the window to make sure nothing
apparent was wrong, like a droopy wing...looked OK, so just spied on it and
in a 1/2 hour or so it flew into a tree, bobbed it's tail a few times, then
flew off very well, yeah!

Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
North Chatham County, NC