Re: Where have all the kingbirds gone?

I am happy to report that I have two Eastern Kingbirds here on Mountain
Island Lake below Lake Norman in Charlotte, NC.  I hope they are a pair and
are nesting across the river in Gaston County because I saw them do displays
of wing-flutter earlier and they are staying around the same open water
area.  They fly across the river and I have watched them hunting aerial
insects from an exposed perch.  I even saw one of the chasing a crow and
then tumbling up and down- what an acrobatic show!

Mary McDaniel
Charlotte, NC
marmac1@worldnet.att.net
FLY FREE