Bird Hearing

To All:

    I know we all have difficulties with squirrels, etc. who eat our bird
food.  We are thinking of purchasing an ultrasonic pest eliminator.  Can
anyone tell me at what frequency birds hear?  I don't want to eliminate the
birds from the garden since they are our focus or hurt any of these other
animals using chemicals.  I am inundated with squirrels, raccoons, chipmunks,
rabbits, voles, and mice/rats which are cleaning out the feeders as well as
destroying our plantings.  Any comments or suggestions?

    Wendy Ross Kaplan
    Charlotte, NC
    Wenbirdy@aol.com