Re: MBBS surprise: Waxwings

> I have not been able to access Will Cook's triangle area bird list,
> can anyone tell me how rare Cedar Waxwings are here as breeding birds?

Cedar Waxwings in the central Piedmont are normally very rare in June
(though that's not the case this year!). Evidence of nesting has been found
once near Jordan Lake (6/21/98) and once near Falls Lake (7/18/88).

The Triangle area bird checklist is at
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/chbc/trichk2000.pdf  -- if you can't access it,
you probably need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available for
free at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu