Gray-cheeked Thrush

This morning around 10 a.m. while working back in the greenhouse area of the
Elizabethan Gardens, I suddenly realized that I was listening to a
Gray-cheeked Thrush singing. I don't know how long it had been singing, but
it sang for approx. five more minutes. I could not see the bird as it was
across the fence (on the Fort Raleigh side), however I hear this song
several times each spring (including this past spring) and am familiar with
it. I have had Gray-cheeks here as late as May 31 or June 1 (I'm not at home
with my notes) but never June 19th! What a strange spring!
	Jeff Lewis
	Manteo, NC