Terns that DON'T perch on pilings

Over the years, I've noted that there are 2 of the coastal terns that I've
never seen perch on pilings.

These are Gull-billed Tern and Caspian Tern.

Perhaps they do perch on pilings occasionally, and I've just never noticed.
I also know that birds can have somewhat different behaviors in different
areas.

Has anyone seen either of these species perch on pilings in the Carolinas?

                                            John Fussell
                                            Morehead City, NC
                                             jfuss@clis.com