Info on new Pentax spotting scope

For those who may be considering the new Pentax PF80 spotting scope, I have
been exchanging E-mails with a user of this new scope.  She just purchased
the scope based on the rave review in "Better View Desired".  She does field
research on coyote and deer.

Her experience thus far has been disappointing.  She says the image is pure
enough but it suffers from annoying flare when used at certain angles to the
sun.  She also has some negative experience with the Nikon Fieldscope III
(not waterproof)

I've asked her to compose a brief review and I'll post it on this list server.

Stay tuned ...

Len Kopka
Simpsonville, SC