Re: NEW ST FLYCATCHER

Could this be one of the babies from last year? Maybe
it nested somewhere nearby where no observers found it
and now it wandered to its old haunts post-breeding.
Do flycatchers return to the area they were fledged to
breed? Do they pair bond before or during migration so
that a male could bring a mate with him to his
fledging ground? The books I have dont answer these
questions. If we can answer yes to these questions, we
might have a new little colony going.
Anybody have ideas?
Bruce Young
young715@yahoo.com