Bald Eagle

This morning I was pleased to see an adult Bald Eagle at Lake Don T. Howell
(Coddle Creek Reservoir) in Cabarrus County.  The bird was across the lake
from the Macedonia Church Rd. barricade, perched low in a tree.  At one
point it flew to the water's edge, waded in thigh-deep, and stood there.  A
few seconds later it plunged its beak into the water and came up with a
(dead?) fish.  Our national symbol then walked back to the shore with the
fish in its beak and spent about 30 minutes eating.  Later it flew into the
boughs of a pine, maybe to look for a hush puppy.

I didn't find the Willow Flycatcher at the Shimpock Rd. area (seen/heard
June 19th.)  Also haven't seen the alligator I saw there last summer.

Regards,

Danny Swicegood
Cornelius, NC