Cardinals/hummers

	I have seen cardinals fly off with cicadas, which are so prevalent this
time of year and fairly close to the size of a hummer, so maybe that was the
incentive for the attack at Brad Carleson's house.
	My late nesting hummer here in Manteo seems to be gone now. I watched the
nest for twenty minutes this morning and the female never showed. A Blue Jay
stopped by and looked in briefly before I shooed it away and that is not a
good sign either. I suppose I will get out the ladder and inspect the nest
when I get home. I wonder if a cardinal got my hummer!
	Jeff Lewis
	Manteo, NC