TWO White-winged Doves in Beaufort, NC

Saturday morning, Tom and Megan Wade and I observed a pair of White-winged
Doves in  Beaufort, NC.  The location was in the lot on the SE (or S) corner
of the intersection of Ann and Live Oak streets, the same neighborhood where
sightings of the species have been made since 1998.  The pair was
copulating, and there may be a nest on this lot, which has numerous live
oaks.

This year and last year, we had been assuming that the calling male was
alone, and was probably the last survivor the 1998 invasion, in which
several White-wingeds showed up in this neighborhood about May 1.  Well, he
isn't alone.

Eurasian Collared-Doves continue to be common in the neighborhood--no
surprise there.

                                                  John Fussell
                                                  Morehead City, NC
                                                  jfuss@clis.com