Upland Sandpiper

Dear Wilmington area birders (or any others):
I am writing to find out if any birders have yet seen the Upland
Sandpipers that hang out at the Wilmington airport every fall.

I am planning on making a trip out to Wilmington especially for them and
would appreciate any pointers on when exactly to go, and how and where to
look for them, as I imagine the airport is huge and acess to all parts is
not given to the public. I have been told that it is best to go after the
grass has been recently mowed. Is this correct? Also when is the best
window of time to see them, now or later in the fall?

Thanks in advance.
Shantanu Phukan

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599