"Hummingbird Morning" in Irmo SC

HI . . .

Just a reminder that we'll be giving "Hummingbird Morning"
presentations this Saturday (11 August) at Nursery Road Elementary
School in Irmo SC at 8:30 and 10:30 am. We had a nice crowd of 125
people at Allison Woods in Statesville two weekends ago and look
forward to meeting new folks from the Columbia area.

In addition to the hummingbird banding demonstration, we'll talk
about how to attract hummingbirds to your yard. We'll also throw in
some tidbits about "Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project"
and some of the results of the long-term hummingbird research project
at Hilton Pond.

This weekend's event is a joint fund-raiser for Nursery Road
Elementary (which is building an Outdoor Learning Center) and Hilton
Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History. Admission fee is $5 per
person.

Please spread the word to folks you may know in the Columbia area.
Travel directions are under the "Hummingbird Mornings" logo at
http://www.rubythroat.org or http://www.hiltonpond.org .

Next weekend (18 August) we'll be at RibbonWalk: Charlotte's
Botanical Forest, and will close out the season on 25-26 August with
a weekend of programs on behalf of Audubon Society of Forsyth County
at Historic Bethabara Park in Winston-Salem.

Hope to see you at one--or all!--of these presentations.  :-)

Best wishes,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.