Migration in Durham?

This morning while reading the paper I saw a flash of yellow and assumed it
was another goldfinch.  Looking closer I realized a hooded warbler was
staring at me.  I got a good 30 second look at him and was thrilled.  Later I
saw him again at the birdbath drinking and flipping droplets over his head.
Then just out of the corner of my eye I saw another splash of yellow.  A
female American redstart was playing around the waterfall on our fish pond.
She was in and out of the spray.  I have to assume these are both migrants as
they haven't been seen around here all summer.

For such a yucky humid weekend I was still lucky enough to see or hear over
20 species around the yard.

Dianne Smith
Durham, NC
jbs4711@aol.com