Re: juvenile E towhee

>Hi folks,
>
>does anyone know a good reference or web site where I can learn more
>about young towhees? I have one at the feeders at the moment and its
>markings look rather unusual, so I want to see what range of
>variation exists. This one appears to be more spotted on the back
>than the others and has more white to the tip of its tail feathers.
>
>Thanks,
>
>--
>Steve Perry
>
>Receptor Biology Lab, Duke Uni Med Center, Durham, NC
>
>stevep@receptor-biol.duke.edu

STEVE . . .

For a start, see <>http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek010729.html . I
may be able to supply some additional photos.

Best wishes,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.