RFI: Birding Hilton Head, SC

CarolinaBirders,

I'm a birder from "up north" in Virginia who'll be vacationing (with
binoculars) in Hilton Head for the next week (August 18th to the 25th).  I'd
appreciate any help you might be able to give me about good birding
locations in the immediate Hilton Head area or close by.  I'm aware that
Pinckney NWR is nearby, but am not sure how the birding is there or if there
would be any access restrictions I'm not aware of.

Additionally, if any of you are aware of guided bird walks in the area that
I could join up with, I'd appreciate it.

Please e-mail me directly at frenchch@saic.com.

Thanks for your help and good birding,

Chris French
Oakton, VA