wrens fledge, hummers use feeder less

On Sunday, Aug. 19, a nest of Carolina Wrens fledged from the bird bottle
hanging under the eaves of my house. This was the third batch this year in
the same bottle.
I noticed on Wed. the 22nd that the hummingbirds' consumption of nectar at
their favorite feeder in my yard had plummeted -- from a whole feederful
(one pint) every 24 hours to half that. Soon it will take 4 or 5 days for
them to empty the feeder. That's normal for late August but still a pretty
dramatic change -- happens overnight.
Ginger_Travis@unc.edu
near Chapel Hill, NC