HBSP on 9-9

Hi Carolinabirders,
	This afternoon Bob Maxwell and I went to the jetty pond and jetty to see
what we could find at high tide. Lots of shorebirds and terns. Any
landbirds seen were rather casual.  29 species.

Great Blue Heron-1
Great Egret-1
Green Heron-1
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron-1
Osprey-1
Black-bellied Plover-18
Semipalmated Plover-8
Piping Plover-3 one individual with "jewelry"
Am. Oystercatcher-1
Willet-5
Ruddy Turnstone-37 some juvenile birds seen
Sanderling-16
Short-billed Dowitcher-97
LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER-3 identifiable juveniles-Tertials with narrow gold
edges and no interior markings at the north end of the jetty pond in short
grass where you would expect to find them. There were some Short-billed
juveniles in with them so that was a nice comparison
Laughing Gull-20
Ring-billed Gull-2
Herring Gull-3 all immatures
Great Black-backed Gull-2
Caspian Tern-64 As I recall, the most ever counted there
Royal Tern-129
Sandwich Tern-30 many immatures
Least Tern-1 fly over
Black Skimmer-56
E. Kingbird-1
Crow sp--1
Tufted Titmouse-1 heard only
Carolina Wren-2
Thrush sp-1 heard only-A thrush like "teer" Veery?

Good birding, good company

Jack

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC