Mahogany Rock and vicinity

Birders,

The hawks are starting to move through in earnest now. The last couple of
days yielded 20 Broadwings, 9 Sharpies, 6 Coopers, 1 Kestrel, and 1 Merlin.
These do not include birds accounted for by Jim Keighton at Mahogany Rock.

If you do plan to come up to hawkwatch, I would suggest that you keep in
mind the variable and changing weather conditions characteristic of the
northern mtns. of NC this time of year. Layered clothing is a good idea as
is sunscreen (were you to see me this evening after spending all day in the
sun unprotected you would not disagree).

Eric Harrold
Charlotte, NC