Philadelphia Vireo

This past week has finally brought us some bkyard migrants. The vireo was
10/4; long close looks. A new yard bird (#104).  Oct. 3 brought us another
new yard bird - male and female Bluebirds. Never thought we would see them
in our  neighborhood. They came for a bath and went on their way.On 10/2
had a Cape May Warbler and our  (I think) earliest ever White Throated
Sparrow. All week we had both Tanagers hanging around. Earlier we had
Swainson's Thrush . Today had a Ruby Crowned Kinglet. Yesterday a Pee Wee,
and earlier an Empid. flycatcher. This is pretty good for in town Raleigh,
especially since we have become surrounded by business and lost the big
trees behind us. Now if we could just get a Conn. Warbler in our yard, we
could match Jeff getting 2 in one week on the Banks!

Gail Lankford
Raleigh