Oh no! Butterbuts

Yes, indeed they are back (and not just one). This morning the farm pond
at Dairyland Road had at least two, but more possibly three or four Yellow
Rumped Warblers. Does anyone else have them yet? Is this about the right
arrival date, or are they early?

Oh, forgot to mention in my posting yesterday that the warblers at
Shepherd Trail were really focussing on the Sour-Wood trees which right
now are at their most colourful. Someone (I think Ginger) had mentioned
the SOurwood as a fantastic source of bugs. Yesterday's outing proved her
absolutely right.

Shantanu Phukan

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599