Hilton Pond 10/08/01 (Black Ratsnake)

HI . . .

With the "fall shuffle" going on, animals are on the move in the
Piedmont. Take, for instance, the Black Ratsnake that tried to come
indoors one chilly morning at Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural
History .

For photos of our encounter with this "menacing" serpent, please
visit "This Week at Hilton Pond" for the week of 8-14  October 2001
at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek011008.html . This is  a direct
link, but feel free to browse the rest of the Web site.  :-)

As usual, there are weekly totals for banded and recaptured birds,
including a mug shots of our fifth-ever Winter Wren and a female
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.

Peace, and Happy Nature Watching,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.