Another hummingbird bander now in our midst

Hello All-

It is with great pleasure that I announce the addition of Gary Phillips to
the ranks of hummingbird banders in the Southeast.  We have been preparing
for Gary to become involved with hummingbird work in the Carolinas for a
couple years.  His interest and terrific enthusiasm coupled with the
support of the local Audubon chapter have made it  possible in fairly short
order.  Gary underwent training this summer with Bob Sargent and his
federal subpermit paperwork (under my Master) was authorized last week.

I have no doubt that Gary will be a fine addition to the hummer network in
the Carolinas.  Kudos and welcome aboard!

Susan Campbell
Whispering Pines, NC