Samworth WMA

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Yesterday, Oct. 23, Dave Gustafson, Paul Rogers and me birded along the
Samworth Loop Road and at Samworth WMA in Georgetown County.  As you may
recall Samworth Loop road held the cutover field where all those good
sparrows were last year. A year of growth has made the field more in
hospitable in most places with hidden ditches that make walking
treacherous.  We could only get a look at one sparrow there. But I suspect
the cold front which is due to arrive on Friday will bring in a big influx
of sparrows. Hopefully this site will be as attractive as it was last year.
 Remember the site is private property leased to a hunt club so either bird
from the road or get permission from Bob Perry at Samworth 843-546-9489. 31
species

White Ibis-44 flyover mostly immatures
Turkey Vulture-3
Red-tailed Hawk-1 heard only
Common Snipe-1 heard only from loop rd clearcut area
Belted Kingfisher-1 heard only
Red-bellied Woodpecker-4
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker-6 one immature noticed
Downy Woodpecker-2 heard only
N. Flicker-4
E. Phoebe-5
Tree Swallow-50+