OBX Sunday

The Vesper sparrow was still hanging out on the road at the old CG station
today, provided some great looks. Last night's cold front brought in a ton
of junco's, which were everywhere..Oregon Inlet marina, old CG station, OB
outlet mall, etc. When we got back home to Nags Head, we found a very tame
Hermit Thrush in our carport and under our live oak, white-throated
sparrows in our shrubs, and our resident Carolina Wren fussing at us while
we were watching the thrush.

There were lots of sparrows on the road back to the USCG station at the
Oregen Inlet marina. We found out rather quickly that since 9/11, this road
is now closed for all except CG personnel---especially so for folks with
binocs!

Russ & Rose Lay
Nags Head, NC