SPRAGUE'S PIPIT at Cape Hatteras Point

Carolinabirders,

Just before noon today (Sunday) I flushed a Sprague's Pipit from the sparse
grass within about 200 yards south of the large pond at the Cape Point area.
Paula and I were leading a group of about 20 on a Nature Conservancy field
trip.  In addition to some of the trip participants, several other birders
got to see the bird today, including Brian Patteson who videotaped the
pipit.

We stayed with the bird until about 4:30 p.m.  During that time the bird,
although flushed several times, remained in an areas of just a few acres.  I
preferred the very short grass near the mud and sand flats.  We hope it will
stay around a few days or more.

Good luck if you try for it!

John
--
John and Paula Wright     h 252-756-5139

johnswrighthsd@earthlink.net      Greenville, North Carolina