Birds with permission slips??

An observant carolinabirder pointed out an error in my wintering duck post.
Seems I indicated that no birds, under any circumstances, should even
consider wintering on the NCSU farm property without a permission slip.  Of
course this is difficult for birds to obtain, since they don't have
opposable thumbs.  True, some woodpeckers and others like the Osprey have
reversible toes, but it is not usually sufficient to obtain and carry
around a permission slip.

I meant to state that "birders" should not enter the property without prior
written permission.  Birds are still welcome, although they are asked to
have been in the US for 14 days before entering the property :-)

Having a good laugh on a Friday afternoon,
Steve Shultz
Cary, NC
computer.