Tree Sparrow

Dear Carolinabirders:

Yesterday (Friday) late in the afternoon I was able to observe at length a
single, well-marked Tree Sparrow in a group of juncos and field sparrows
here at the farm in Piney Creek in Alleghany County, elevation about 2800'.
It was near, but not on the feeders, apparently feeding on weed seeds.

This Tree Sparrow is a lifer for me. It is getting harder and harder to add
birds to a life list without traveling, and this species I had been missing
for 30-odd years.

I also have had here Pine Siskins and a Red-Breasted Nuthatch in the last
week. Should be an interesting winter!

James Coman