Congaree Bluff on 8 Nov 2001

Hi C-Birders,

Today Lloyd Moon and I combined for about 5 hours of observation at the
Congaree Bluff Heritage Preserve, near Fort Motte, Calhoun County, SC. There
were still a few migrants moving through, despite warm weather and
southwesterly winds:

Here are our day totals (migrants only):

Black Vulture -- 6
Northern Harrier -- 3
Sharp-shinned Hawk -- 1
Cooper's Hawk -- 2
Red-tailed Hawk -- 1

Still no Golden Eagle, but we are not done yet!

Non-hawk migrants included large flocks of American Robins and Common
Grackles. Winter is upon us. Think Christmas Bird Counts!

Robin Carter
Columbia, SC
rcarter@sc.rr.com