Golden Eagle in Boone

Today I had the sighting of my year so far.  I took a hike up Snake Mtn.
(Watauga Cnty) to enjoy the November sunshine, and just as I reached the
summit, a soaring raptor caught my eye.  An immature golden eagle circled
above me several times before pushing off into the distance, high in the
blue sky, and out of sight.  Absolutely majestic, stunning, fantastic, and
spiritually uplifting!  I couldn't believe my great fortune and good timing.
I've been looking/hoping for eagles in the vicinity for a long time--greatly
satisfying to finally get one in a great moment.
    Now we await the return of our evening grosbeaks...
Walton Conway
The Golden Cockerel, Boone, NC
www.goldencockerel.com