Lapland Longspurs/Henderson County

Folks,
        This afternoon at about 12:30 PM, Bob Olthoff and I were birding
Hooper Lane.  There were several large flocks of American Pipits flying
around and feeding in the surrounding fields.  In the cut corn field at the
intersection of Hooper Lane and Jeffress Road I found 3 LAPLAND LONGSPURS in
with the Pipits.  We had scope views of the birds from the roadside on
Hooper Lane.
        If you try for these birds, please do not enter these fields unless
you have received permission from the owners.  Usually when these birds are
present, they can be seen very easily from the road, just look for the
flocks of Pipits and go through them, a scope is very helpful.  Thanks!

Wayne

Wayne K. Forsythe
Hendersonville, N. C. 28791
828-697-6628