Congaree Bluffs hawk watch

During the last week or so Lloyd Moon or I have gotten out to the hawk watch
at Congaree Bluffs Heritage Preserve, Calhoun County, SC on three different
days, for a grand total of 5.5 hours. The hawk migration is, at best, in a
lull. We combined for a total of two (count 'em, two) migrating Red-tailed
Hawks, one seen by Lloyd on 10 Nov 2001, and one seen by me today, 20 Nov
2001. On 14 Nov 2001 Lloyd found no migrating hawks or vultures.

No Golden Eagle yet, but hope springs eternal, etc. etc. God, I love
cliches!

Robin Carter
Columbia, SC
rcarter@sc.rr.com