Wow! CBC-mania...

Hi Carolinabirders,

Just the response I was hoping for! CBC's growing on trees... or
something.  A few more details were sent straight to me, I'll share them
with the rest of you as I can't do them all myself!

Southern Pines CBC will be 12/16 w/ Libba Watson (weymouth@pinehurst.net) and
Susan Campbell coordinating. Countdown at Weymouth Woods @ 1:00pm

Raven Rock count I believe is the day before on 12/15 w/ Paul Hart
(ravenroc@foto.infi.net) coordinating.

David Chamberlain (dcachamberlain@aol.com) or 843-881-0049 and Pete Laurie
are co-ordinating the Ace Basin Count.

Perry Nugent <perryandchrisnugent@prodigy.net> is coordinating the
McClellanville, SC CBC on December 15.

I'm still a little distressed with the scheduling. I count 12 CBCs the
first weekend, only 5 each the second and third. During that first
weekend, the Raleigh and Durham counts are head-to-head with the nearby
Southern Pines and Raven Rock counts. The following Saturday, the only
count in the whole state of NC is New River, way out west. Seems like
count participation would increase with a little regional planning... I
guess the situation in January - 4 counts Saturday the fifth, none Sunday
- goes back to Audubon's requirement of all counts being within two weeks
of Xmas. Seems silly and arbitrary, but what can ya do...

Good birding!

Josh

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University