Count precautions

Hello everyone,
The Nat'l Audubon Society has recommended that we count leaders notify
our local police departments about our upcoming counts. When I called
Durham Police, Durham Sheriff, and Chatham County Sheriff offices about
the Jordan Lake count, it was recommended that people carry some i.d.
with them just in case some homeowner or car driver gets alarmed at the
sight of folks walking around with binos and scopes and calls the
police. I told them that all groups would have printed material related
to the count (eg, the checklist), but you may want to carry your drivers
licence as well, just in case you have to prove the Audubon connection
as opposed to the Taliban connection!
Best,
Carol