RFI: Chapel Hill Barred Owl

Hi Carolinabirders:
A friend of mine from Mission, Texas, John Odgers, and I are finishing a
whirlwind trip from Mattamuskeet to Cape May to Greensboro for a flight out
Wednesday afternoon.

It has been a productive trip, including Maryland's Kelp Gull and a Harlequin
Duck on CBBT island #4. He picked up 7 new lifers, bringing his life list to
a heady 638.

He would love to add a North Carolina Barred Owl to this growing list.

Are any of you aware of the present status of the Barred Owl on the UNC
campus?

Any information would be appreciated.

We are presently in Emporia, Virginia, but will check e-mail on Wednesday
morning before we leave for Greensboro.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Sugg
Winston-Salem