pond

went birding at the gravel pit pond and had many birds, most of the ducks
were ring-necked ducks with about 5 prs of Am Widgeon, Mallard pairs, 1 male
hooded merg and 2 females, 1 pied bill grebe, several coots although not
near as many as previous years, a possible female canvasback, 1 great blue
heron, possible winter wren, many song sparrows, a field sparrow, ruby and
golden crown kinglets, brown trasher, towhees, cardinals, white throated
sparrows, chipping sparrows, and 4 bluebirds. 2 red tailed hawks, and TVs,
yellowbellied sapsucker and a downy.  it was a good day for the pond, not
much heat shimmer in the scope and the ducks all floated my way to give me
great looks, except the possible canvasback.  All in all a good day for me.
the pond is in NE Orange co.
barb brooks  brooksba@mindspring.com