Late Osprey at Jordan Lake (late post)

Carolinabirders,

Late posting - we still don't have computer set up in our new habitat and can only e-mail on the web from work.

Last Friday 12/14 I took the long way home from the Broad-tailed Hummer (still there, for any other procrastinators - the Snowy Owl should have been so generous) and swung by Jordan Lake. At high noon a very late southbound Osprey cruised past Vista Point. It was a good day for Bald Eagles too - imm.s at Vista and Crosswinds, and 2 adults at Seaforth seen from Ebenezer. The lake was pretty quiet otherwise - 5 Horned Grebes at Ebenezer and a lone Gadwall from Crosswinds the least common items.

Cheers,
Dan Kaplan
Durham