Re: Calliope still present in Winston-Salem

> Could you please send me or the listserve directions to their home
off
> I-40, and their phone number in case get lost. Do you have any info
as to
> how often the bird is feeding and /or hanging around the yard; such
as any
> time period better than another.
> Gail Lankford

Sorry, Gail, but I do not have the phone number.
According to Charles, the hummer was active feeding all morning.  He
has told us before that he really loads up in the afternoons until
about 4 or so.

Directions to the Williams home:
--------------------------------
>From points East of Winston-Salem:
    From I-40 take Business 40.  The I-40/Business 40 split occurs
just
               after Sandy Ridge Road exit west of Greensboro.
    Take Business 40 West to the first Stratford Road exit (north).
              Turn right off the exit ramp onto Stratford Road.
    Go to the next traffic light and Stratford Road turns left.  Turn
left at
              that light to stay on Stratford Road.
    Next turn left onto Forest Drive.  (If you get to the traffic
light at
             Buena Vista, you went one block too far).
    Take Forest Drive for several blocks (There are a couple of 4-way
stops).
    The Williams home is a brick home on the left side, number 2652 .

>From points West of Winston-Salem:
    From I-40 take Business 40.  The I-40/Business 40 split occurs on
the
               west side of Winston-Salem.
    Take Business 40 East to the Stratford Road exit (north).
              Turn left off the exit ramp onto Stratford Road heading
north on
              Stratford.
    Go to the next traffic light and Stratford Road turns left.  Turn
left at
              that light to stay on Stratford Road.
    Next turn left onto Forest Drive.  (If you get to the traffic
light at
             Buena Vista, you went one block too far).
    Take Forest Drive for several blocks (There are a couple of 4-way
stops).
    The Williams home is a brick home on the left side, number 2652 .

Happy birding!
Liz Schmid
Kernersville, NC
schmid_liz@hotmail.com