Rusty Blackbirds

For the last fifteen minutes I have been watching an amazing flock of
50+ Rusty Blackbirds picking over gravel in our driveway and in leaf
litter across the street here in Pinehurst

Incidentally, the variety of waterfowl on Lake Pinehurst this winter has
been minimal.  Until last year, the lake hosted a raft of 500-600
American Coots during the winter.  This year there are none.  The raft
of Buffleheads, however, exceeds 60 on some days.  That is the largest
number we've seen during our eight winters in Pinehurst.

Dick

.Charles R. (Dick) Burk
Pinehurst, NC
crburk@mindspring.com