Henderson County

Folks:
        At about 12:00 noon this date Ron Selvey and I had a female Merlin
on Hooper Lane.  The bird came up off the ground near a weedy ditch and gave
us good views as it flew across the sod field.  We also heard a probable
Marsh Wren but never saw the bird.  It gave several alarm buzzes, but
dropped down in the heavy weeds, giving us a split second, unidentifiable
view.  It then went silent.
                                        Happy New Year!
                                        Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe